Re: [Usability] Standard application shortcut keys

David Christian Berg wrote:
On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 18:19 +0200, Samuel Abels wrote:

On Thu, 2005-31-03 at 17:21 +0200, David Christian Berg wrote:

I think that more "handy" for copying is ctrl+insert, shift+insert for
paste, and ctrl+del for cut.

Also I don't
see, how you can use them with one hand only

Maybe your keyboard layout has these keys positioned elsewhere? I use
them with one hand, with a German or English keyboard this is easy.

Well, I'm using a laptop with a German keyboard layout. You actually can
access them, it just feels _very_ strange to me, because I never used it
and you need to span you hand over the whole keyboard (which should be
true for a standard keyboard aswell).
Well, most laptops does only have one CTRL key at the left side. But however on standard keybords there use to be two CTRL keys. The right one is located close to Insert and Delete.

So if you have a laptop and have your mouse on the left side of the computer (which I do) you might have use of a standard keybord. (right hand users will might also have use for a standard keybord too.)

I'm fairly certain that the x/c/v keys differ depending on the locale
though.

Hmm, they're at the same spot on German and English keyboards after
all :)

David