[Usability] GTK Stock icons

Hi everyone

I don't know exactly where I should  post this, so if someone finds it
inappropriate, please forgive me and pont me to the right location.

Most default stock icons (for actions like cancel or OK) present in
gtk are really dated (gnome 1.X) and not really good looking. However,
it seems that no one cared about getting rid of them on 5 (!) stable
releases of the gnome 2.X series.

However, there are already good replacements for (most of) them. For
example, the stock icons made by jimmac for the industrial GTK theme
fits well with default gnome artwork and are aesthetically pleasant.

I know that this can be fixed by:

1 - Adding Industrial stock icons to the hicolor default icon theme,
so every gnome/gtk app on X11 will benefit from it.

2 - Other possible approach would be integrating the stock icons
aforementioned on gtk proper, so the windows apps that uses gtk (gaim,
abiword, gimp) can benefit for it too, and the old stock icons can
rest in peace.

I would like to make clear that I'm suggesting the Industrial theme
stock icons as the default because they are clear, distinctive,
neutral and fit well with the rest of the artwork. I'm not trying to
make a flamewar about this.

So, I would like an opinion about this. I would like to see this
fixed, making our desktop and development platform rock even more.

Best regards

Lucas