Re: [Usability] Thoughts about the file chooser

Somebody please explain this drag and drop to me...

If I have a maximized application and no Nautilus window open I

1. Press the icon and start dragging
2. Hover over the Desktop button on the Panel that should envoke my
Desktop
3. Hover over my Home folder icon to open it
4. Hover through my directory via spring-opening folders.

So now there is the problems:

- it takes quite a while (delays due to navigation)
- is not accessible via keyboard (mousekey is no accessibility!)
- hidden files are, well, hidden and you don't have a chance to display
them while hovering
- spring loaded folders were not gonna be implemented because of some
patent iirc

opening the Nautilus window first is not really an option either imho.
It's against the workflow and human mind.

So now: *How* is it supposed to work??

David