Re: [Usability] Modified Documents

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 09:06 -0400, Dave Ahlswede wrote:

> I would suggest instead, if possible, to have an XDS draggable icon in
> the GTK save dialog-- you'd still have to invoke the save dialog
> manually, but it would save having to create an alternate and
> potentially inconsistent dialog for save options (File name,
> "Frobnication" options and the like).
>
> For discoverability purposes, I'd also suggest that the icon also light
> up on mouseover, like nautilus icons.

Actually, after some thinking, it might be good to have both this and
the draggable icon in the menubar-- If the program doesn't already have
info for the saved file when it's dragged, it can pop up the GTK save
dialog, but with the default path set to where the file was dragged.

I'd also like to make the suggestion that, since some apps aren't
friendly towards drag-drop opening, to make the GTK open dialog to be a
valid XDnD target.