Re: [Usability] Modified Documents

On Friday 17 September 2004 13:37, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 00:39 +0100, Iain * wrote:
> > Marlin puts "(modified)"after the file name because really what does *
> > mean?
>
> I'd be happy to consider recommending putting (say) a mini Save icon
> before the filename instead, but that would obviously need support in
> metacity and the window list applet, etc.

Such a solution is very interesting. I think Mac OSX does it, and allows nifty
Drag&Dropping from that icon, which represents the document, to for example a
mail user agent for attachment. It follows up the multi window desktop/SDI
paradigm nicely.

However, I think it's tricky to implement, and should be done in a
cross-desktop compatible way(NETWM): A matter for freedesktop.org.

Cheers,

		Frans