Re: [Usability] The new file chooser

Sitat Jamie McCracken <jamiemcc blueyonder co uk>:

> I find the following works very efficiently for pasting in a filename:
>
> Ctrl+O (opens file dialog)
> Ctlr+L
> Backspace (hold to clear existing text)
> Ctrl+V
>

> Unless you have something against using the keyboard you will find the
> above both fast and efficient compared to using mouse in MS windows open
> dialog (where you have to focus the text widget , select the text and
> press delete and then paste it - believe me thats a lot slower to do it
> that way)
>
> jamie.

I think you'll find the emacs keybindings handyer - toy with for instance ctrl+w
and ctrl+a. (ctrl+w will delete to beginning of line regardless of what's
selected, ctrl+a will select all.)

Anyways.. most of the time i DO have something against using the keyboard. And
its much easyer - and faster - to double-click to select a filename, then
middle-click to paste.

I need a versatile filepicker - one that can be used in the most practical way
at the moment. In one quick jab. But the Gtk approach nowadays seem to be that
it should  be layered like an onion. One interface for each possible operation.
That is not user friendly.

R.K.Aa.