Re: [Usability] Readonly indicator in window title (gedit)

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:01:19 +0100, Calum Benson <calum benson sun com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 15:55 +0100, Iain * wrote:
>
> > Well, it may help to explain why a file that has just been edited
> > still has the save button greyed out.
>
> The point I was trying to make is that this shouldn't happen with a read
> only document.  Either it shouldn't let you edit it at all (not
> generally very useful), or it should effectively become an "Untitled"
> document when you do, so you're forced to save it under a new name.

No, I mean thats what happens. The save button is greyed out, and you
have to use save as, but people never seem to understand why buttons
are greyed out. Or do you mean that clicking save in cases like this
should be the same as clicking save as?

iain