Re: [Usability] Readonly indicator in window title (gedit)

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:00:34 +0100, Calum Benson <calum benson sun com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 18:45 +0100, John Spray wrote:
>
> > (sidenote: If the HIG's going to specify modification indicator,
> > shouldn't it specify readonly indicator too?)
>
> It's possibly of marginal use, but knowing whether a file is read-only
> or not is never going to cause you to lose any data (unless the app lets
> you modify read-only files to save under a different name, in which case
> the modified indicator should kick in anyway).

Well, it may help to explain why a file that has just been edited
still has the save button greyed out.

FWIW I quite like the idea of icons in the title bar, I just don't
like the idea of using random characters. And if people want to
reimplement the window manager in their apps, then thats their
perogative really.