Re: [Usability] Changing the taskbar semantics

> This is good news, but it only solved the problem for gimp. (I was hoping for
> a general way to take always the right decision automatically :-))
>
> Or are you suggesting that, in general, the taskbar should take the hints into
> account? With what logic exactly?

Yes, my suggestion is that window hints are here for a reason. Document
window should appear in the taskbar, and utility windows shouldn't.
GNOME's taskbar already handles that very well. Now, application
developers should make better use of window hints... and users should
file bugs about window hints to application developers.

--
Julien Olivier <julo altern org>