Re: [Usability] contents of default panel menus

> Defaultness :
> Gentoo is fairly unpatched. The default in the session manager is
> changed from prompting to just dropping you off (default option) and a
> custom splash is installed,  I think that covers it.

Well, I must say that debian unstable is pretty standart too. Same as
gentoo, except that the session manager just drops you out (the
default, as it was pointed out). Oh, and sometimes they put up a
custom splash screen (sometimes).

If you want to try something standart, plain debian is the way to go.

Lucas

P.S.:
"But ubuntu isn't debian based?" - Yes, but they tweak the gnome setup
a LOT, and the final result it's quite different from the defaults.

--
Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues