Re: [Usability] HIG dialog layout headache

The openoffice dialog seems to take a similar tact to excel, though looks a lot more awkward, with plenty of blank space (why all that space between right column and the buttons???). ALso the I feel the layout is clumsy, the fact that there is 2 columns with 2 groups in each column implies the 2 goups have something in common i.e a subgroup in the parent group indicated by the column (to me atleast).

http://www.geocities.com/da_only_geniarse/oOO_paste.png

Interestingly this dialog provides extra functionality in the form of "shift cells", no idea what its for but maybe you could look into this and see whether its worthwhile for inclusion in gnumeric (though I can't fathom a reason why)

I suppose I haven't really added to this discussion other than to say don't do it this why, but hey I thought I'd chip in.