[Usability] HIG dialog layout headache

Hello usability folks!

I'm currently trying to HIGify the Gnumeric "Paste Special" dialog. I'm
totally unconfident with the current layout, but don't know how to
resolve the issues in a clean fashion. I've attached a screenshot of my
current mockup. The issue seems to be that the dialog has a lot of white
space and many widgets, which could be resolved by adding comboboxes for
the "what to paste" items and the mathematical operations; note that the
backdraw of comboboxes is that options are "hidden away" in subwidgets,
which Jody doesn't want.

regs,
Chris