Re: [Usability] Gnome Main Menu and Gnome Controllcenter

On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 12:36 +0000, david sipsolutions net wrote:

> Well, the controll center as is right now is rather complicated. I don't
> understand what the "advanced" is about and why I have 2 or 3 different
> entries to change keyboard stuff. There are many things like this, that
> could improve without the controllcenter as one app envoking the rest, but
> I think it would be easier with one and it also is about consistency.
> Programs just have one window for their prefs, why shouldn't the Desktop?

The keyboard and keyboard shortcuts applets should probably be combined,
actually (Unless there's a good reason for it to be the way it is--
someone else have any sentiments here?). But you'd really have the same
structure in a paged dialog box that you have right now in the applets,
so in the end it's not any more or less complex. (It would never be
allowed to become the hierarchical mess it was in GNOME 1.4)