Re: [Usability] Some usability feedback

Maurizio Colucci wrote:

Kalle Vahlman wrote:

For showing the results, hiding the non-matching items sounds like a
bad idea. If I type 'abd' when I really mean 'abc', it would hide the
real target. But the worst thing is that it looks like the items are
disappearing, possibly without any indication why this is happening or
a obvious way to cancel the process.
I must say I am not that convinced. Suppose the quick-search box is always visible, and that it _blinks_ very apparently when not empty. Then it seems to me that both problems you raised are solved: 1. the user could fail to notice

Oops, I mean "could NOT fail to notice". Sorry :)

Mau