Re: [Usability] Volume Control Consistency between Rhythmbox and Totem

On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 09:13 -0400, Rodney Dawes wrote:

> > I know that, but this is a somewhat confusing concept.
> > Your hifi-set probably doesn't have separate volume controls for each
> > component. If you have a mixer panel, then all sliders are neatly aligned
> > and you don't have to go hunting for them.
>
> HiFi sets that mix multiple sources into a single audio output do. Go to
> a club or concert somewhere, and get a peak at the sound setup sometime.
> There's typically a giant mixer board for controlling all of the
> different inputs that could come in from the band.

To just totally destroy this really bad analogy:
The band's instruments and amplifiers all have their own volume controls
that are independent of the mixing desk.

Except the drummer, but you just throw things at him when you want him
to shut up.

iain