[Usability] 2.7/2.8 UI Review

Bryan, you did a fantastic job on the UI Review for 2.5/2.6, probably
the best so far. Do you expect to take charge of it for 2.7/2.8 as
well?

There's one smallish change that will affect you. You'll notice that
there's no ui-review freeze date on the GNOME schedule now:
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.7/

This is because we want to delegate more to sub-teams, particularly now
we've seen the success of the bugzilla, ui-review, i18n, and
accessibility sub-teams. And we want to make it clear that it's always
ui-review time, just like it's always bug-fixing time. However, I
anticipate that you'll want to have some kind of ui-review schedule,
even if it's just a bunch of ui-review days, because dates are
motivators, and they help to focus teamwork.

Of course, if you feel that the previous way was better, then we can go
back to it. The release-team is happy to defer to you on this.

It might be best to put the ui-review pages on the usability project
pages rather than the start pages - and we'll add a link to them just
like before.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com