Re: [Usability] The New File Selector

> > Question - what do you guys think about opening the file immediately
> > when it is unique? Not just highlighting it?
> >

> That sounds like a reasonable enough request. Have you checked to see
> whether this request is in Bugzilla? I only ask because I haven't
> checked myself :)

This doesn't seem like a good idea to me because it makes the behaviour
more inconsistant, a tiny miskey and you could accidentally open the
wrong file (a potentially time consuming action) best to always wait for
confirmation.

> > In that case I wish to make a formal request for comments on the subject:
> > An option for the location box to be always permanent.

I'd like this too, please let me know if you file a request.
I'm not entirely happy with the current chooser either, I'm still
disappointed they didn't go with a more Mac like chooser (basically a
simple Location bar (with file name completion and regex aware) and an OK
button with the option to open a more complicated file browser).
I have been used to the Location bar in the Chooser for a very long time
and I'm not eager to change.

- Alan