[Usability] Placing context menus

Hi,

I could not find in the HIG anything relative to this, so I'll just ask:

GTK now(?) has a standard shortcut, Shift+F10, to show the context menu
of the focused widget. It is by default placed where the pointer is, but
GTK allows one to place it anywhere else, if one wants to. It's nice to
have it put near the pointer, but it's nice to get it placed where the
widget that opened it is—it's its context menu, after all—but you
clearly can't get both things at the same time... Should one pick one
over the other?

It'd be nice to get consistent behavior throughout the desktop in this
little point.

-- m

--
Mariano Suárez-Alvarez <msuarezalvarez arnet com ar>