[Usability] Another comment on the SaveAs dialog.

Greetings,

I just tried gtk 2.3.5 and I figured I'd toss out my opinion of an
improved mockup for the kids:

http://home.etria.com/files/save_as-b1.png

What it (the mockup) tries to fix:

When you expand the save-as dialog, IMHO there are two problems:

1) The location of the bookmarks changes from the drop-down to the
sidebar

2) Having the bookmarks on the sidebar forces the user to resize the
window in order to view the dialog properly.

How it tries to fix it:

1) The bookmark drop-down remains where it is and does not gray-out.

2) The bookmarks sidebar does not appear.

Problems:

How to add/remove bookmarks from this dialog?
- One suggestion is to create an 'add' button in the drop-down.
- Another suggestion is to place the 'add' button beneath the file
chooser area (above the cancel/save buttons), however I think this would
be confusing

I see no solution for removing bookmarks though.

My $0.02.

-Tom