Re: [Usability] Adding a "recent locations" button?

The concept of "recent locations" makes sense, but I'm not sure I agree
with the following statement.

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 17:44 -0400, Maurizio Colucci wrote:
> 2) Even for who knows about the middle click, when I enter a folder I
> don't
> know (and I don't want to decide) whether or not I will need the
> parent
> folder again. Forcing such an early decision is a design error.

When I'm in this type of situation, I single-click on the folder, and if
it turns out to be what i was looking for, without moving the mouse,
middle click on the same folder, closing the parent. The more I think
about it, using middle click everywhere in spatial nautilus, including
when you're not sure what you're looking for, doesn't make sense.

--
James Kraetz
(315)246.3686
The concept of "recent locations" makes sense, but I'm not sure I agree
with the following statement.

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 17:44 -0400, Maurizio Colucci wrote:
> 2) Even for who knows about the middle click, when I enter a folder I
> don't
> know (and I don't want to decide) whether or not I will need the
> parent
> folder again. Forcing such an early decision is a design error.

When I'm in this type of situation, I single-click on the folder, and if
it turns out to be what i was looking for, without moving the mouse,
middle click on the same folder, closing the parent. The more I think
about it, using middle click everywhere in spatial nautilus, including
when you're not sure what you're looking for, doesn't make sense.

--
James Kraetz
(315)246.3686
http://flapjacks.org