[Usability] Panel popup proposal

First of All... HI! I'm a newbye here even if I'm using gnome since 1997...
... and sorry for my English (I'm italian)...
I have a suggestion about panels popup menu... perhaps someone has already posted something similar however I don't know :-) It is as simple as that: now in Gnome panels (well, I'm really using 2.4 not 2.6 yet) a right-click raises the popup menu, contextually with the widget you clicked on... for example on "Lock screen" icon you'll obtain all the lock-screen specific menu items, then a separator and the default items (Romove, lock, move). In my opinion this is not enought, even "parent" widget specific menu items should be desplayed, allowing user to access that menu without trying to find an "empy" place on the parent to click on. In fact now if you want (for example) to add a new botton or access main-panel properties you have to "find an empty space" on the bar for right-cliking... but it's not a good GUI design. Take "eclipse" platform as example: each right-click brings up a context menu which is generated bringing together all the action related to that object and to the parent one, and the parent of the porent and so on. I have no problem with Gnome behavior, since I know him... but I've noticed that many of my collegues trying to use it (I'm promoting gnome and linux in my company) found some problems with that... and thought it was no possible to add a button to the main panel... Trying to explain them that they should first of all "create" the space on the bar moving the other buttons and then right-click on free space I felt they were wondering if I was mad or something :-) What do you think? ... in my opinion this enhancement in usability makes sense and is already implemented in other well.designed GUI (see "eclipse")...