Re: [Usability] Arrange taskbar items according to place on screen

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 07:36, mm wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I noticed myself constantly pressing the wrong taskbar item. Souldn't
> the taskbaritems be arranged according to their place on the screen.

I think the problem is more that the window list buttons move around on
their own. If you have

        | [foo] [bar] [baz] |
        | [qux] [zot]       |

and you close "bar", then "qux" will jump from bottom left to top right.
So you can never build up any memory of the window list. You have to
rescan it every time you use it.

Leaving a gap in the window list when you close a window (to be filled
by the next new window opened) might fix that, but it would probably
look dumb. And the window list would still need to rearrange the buttons
when changing the button size anyway...

-- Dan