Re: [Usability] Downloads recommendation

[ ... on download behaviour in Epiphany ... ]

Just another quick thought on how this might work before I go to bed.

The following "Screenshot" should convey the basic idea:

| Downloading file Whatever.bin           |
| [===>                                 ] |
| Target location: Desktop  [ Change... ] |
| --------------------------------------- |
|        [ Open... ]  [ Cancel ] [ Save ] |

Some notes:

  o The download would start imediately.

  o A reasonable default download location would always be provided.

  o [ Open... ] and [ Save ] would only become sensitive when the download
    is finished.

  o Since [ Open... ] doesn't dismiss the dialog it should perhaps be
    moved to the dialog itself.

Basically the only difference between this dialog and the traditional
Mozilla behavior is that the user is not asked for a save location by
default, but is provided with a reasonable default choice that she may
then change if she wants to.

Regards,
Lars