Re: [Usability] Double-click in notification area?

On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 12:02 +0200, Daniele Levorato wrote:
> Well, Ryan, I agree with Uno.
> First of all don't forget the power of standards: perhaps there're no
> many differences between single or double click... but double click is a
> standard... many many users expect the double click to work as
> activation and changing this could prevent and limit GNOME popularity.
> All the other Desktop out there works with double click... there's no
> reason to make GNOME different, breaking a standard.

I think the main issue here is consistency across Gnome rather than
should individual items be single or double click.

The Nautilus option for single/double click should be a global gnome
option so the file selector and other Gnome stuff responds to this
setting.

I dont have a problem with selecting stuff in Nautilus in single click
mode because you can band with the mouse or you can left click with Ctrl
key to select items without activating them regardless of which view you
use (it works in list view).

jamie.