Re: [Usability] Detailed menus

Iain * wrote:
I took another deep breath and dived back into the infamous
gnome-panel/menu.c and came up with this
http://marlin.sf.net/detailed-menu.png

That looks really nice! :) However, I don't think it's a very good idea. When you've got a fresh GNOME install, the only things you should really see in the menu are the Generic Names, and they should be descriptive enough not to require a description. And if you then install a secondary application for the same purpose, you are sure to know about it, and so you already know how to distinguish between them.

And besides, it really clutters the menu and makes it harder for your eyes to scan for the entry you want. It also makes it look "uneven", because the "folders" don't have descriptions.

Just my .2 NOK :)

--
Vidar Braut Haarr
CoreTrek A/S