Re: [Usability] Re: Menu order.

<snip> long long thread </snip>

please quote relavant bits only for greater clarity

> Maybe I haven't understood the above thread properly, and what is under
> discussion is the following:
>
> - Default behavior: alphabetical ordering across all locales.
> - Customizable user behavior: provision of a set-list option in Desktop
> Preferences.

I also assumed that is what was intended because anything else would be
unworkable.  Although I admit I'd have to reread the discussion to be
sure.

he did say

and I can only assume that means optional alternative not default.

Can user not already customize/edit the menus into any order they like
just for their own account?  And if so surely they can also change the
local for just their own account without this custome menu order being
obliterated?

I did once briefly use a (windows) computer set to Japanese, I did not
think very much at all about menu position but rather I used the icons to
navigate and I would have thought the icons in Gnome are clear and
disctinctive enough for the items to be recognisable irrespective of
language.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/