Re: [Usability] File menu applet

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 01:01, Jonathan Rockway wrote:
> I think that hacking on things to the gtk-bookmarks file is going to
> lead to problems in the end.  I think it would be better to get some
> sort of standard in place and THEN do this.

Why? I see it as a short term fix until we have a better system in place
(like my metadata server idea). Having another sub-optimal solution
isn't gonna change anything or improve things though I'm open to ideas.

> I like my idea of filtering by URI and mime type.  Consider this:
>
> The text editors will only want files that are text, right?  Filter on
> the text mime type.
> Image editors only want images.  Email clients only want email
> addresses.  etc, etc, etc.

Bookmarks consist of folders only for Nautilus and File Selector. We
dont do bookmarking of non-folder files in them (sure web ones do
pages/files but they are different and so need to be stored separately).

jamie.