[Usability] Best GUI

Hi everyone at gnome.org...
I am pleasured to see the beauty and usability of the interface you
designed. Have my congratulations, for sure.
As I now decided to go to Linux, beyond windows xp, will choose some
distribution that includes gnome (2.6 it would be very nice, but 2.4
will do the job).
But I have just one question:
The panel on the right, below the icons, it's very great, with good
informations about net and the computer itself, but this panel comes
with gnome 2.6 or this user just downloaded it from some another
developer? (below is the picture to help my description)

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/teams/marketing/en/2004/two-six-screenshots/html/large/Dominik_Schnitzer.png

Thx a lot, you're very great, with no doubt.
Carlos Cristo