Re: [Usability] Hopefully off topic :D

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Blad, John Erling wrote:

> Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:55:08 +0200
> From: "Blad, John Erling" <john erling blad aftenposten no>
> To: usability gnome org
> Subject: [Usability] Hopefully off topic :D
>
> I guess it is something to be learned from this. Try to go to the
> European site...
>
> http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?template=pg1&zone=pg
> <http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?template=pg1&zone=pg>

You could have described it more clearly.

I can only assume you are referring to the fact that the labels move left
when you hover over them.

This doesn't look like a usability issue to me but rather a common garden
variety programming bug.  The first time you load the page something is
going wrong and the labels are overshooting their correct position about a
centimetre from the left edge and ending up in the middle.  However if you
reload the page they will appear fixed near the left edge. (Tested using
Mozilla Seamonkey, no idea how the page might behave in Internet Explorer)

> This would be fun if it wasn't for the fact that the site is for a world
> leader in technology.

They probably outsourced it.
It might be funny if it was on the Macromedia website.

- Alan