Re: [Usability] Some General Usability Proposals for Nautilus

On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 12:41, Thorsten Seitz wrote:
> (1c) I'd like a shrink toolbar button or shrink option which would
> automatically shrink folder windows to their minimum size (cf. ROX filer
> again :-)

I was about to propose the same concept using keyboard shortcuts/menu +
the auto-shrink options. I've been using Spatial Nautilus since 2.5.x
and one of the little things that annoy me from time to time is having
to manage/organize folder before and after moving files. For example
lets say that i want to move 20 images between folders A and B:

1) Open A and B folders
2) move/resize the windows so that i can drag from A to B, folder A is
going to occupy more space since I'm going to select files from it, and
I only need a little of folder B visible to perform the drop operation
(or to click and press Ctrl-V)
3) select and move files from A to B
4) resize folder A which now shows a lot of empty space because of all
the removed files.

Another thing that could help Spatial Nautilus usability is adding
support for window cascading/tiling to metacity.

Regards

Ricardo Veguilla González