Re: [Usability] Console with toolbar

Dimarts 06 Abril 2004 14:37, en/na tim (<tim <tim zeos net>>) va escriure:
> Xan wrote:
> > Yes. It's a good option. A little more slower than the previous propose.
> > But _more_ faster than the others. Anyway, I think that there were a
> > usefull thing to have a toolbar in gnome-terminal: not only for creating
> > (more faster) a new tab. Also for to have in toolbar the things that
> > anyone use to use. For example, someone could have in toolbar an icon for
> > new tab, a preferences icon, and exit icon. Another codification icon and
> > ... . So in toolbar anyone has its usual things.
>
> Another very handy feture would be copy & paste buttons. And yes,
> encoding button would be very handy. Right-click menu too can be enhanced
> with this option - why there are only input method - what about output?

I don't believe what I hear.... a person who is in agreement with me!.
Fantastic!. tim, you are the first that like my suggestion. :-D

I'm in agree with you that a copy & paste buttons or encoding button would be
very useful. I think that the inclusion in the right-click menu is
complicated in the sense that why not another icons?. The toolbar could be
personalized: one could add or remove the icons that one wants (like one can
do in epiphany web browser). Custom right-click menu is more complex. I think
that in right-click menu must have only the most common/used things.

Regards (truely),
Xan.

PS: Now the next (and most difficult) step is to convince Havoc to put this
modification in gnome-console!