Re: [Usability] GNOME UI principle: All applications should saveinternal state?

At 07:27 AM 4/5/2004, Sean Middleditch wrote:

[snip]

Also, speaking of raising windows, what happens (or should happen) when
that window is on another workspace?  Should the window be moved to the
current workspace?  Should the user be taken to that window's
workspace?  If the window is brought to the current workspace, could be
that be confusing for the user when they switch back to the window's
original workspace and find it missing?  What is the right behaviour?

My gut reaction is that there is no general answer to this question, so we should ask the user what they want to happen. For example, I might want my media player to be moved between workspaces, but not my development project.

But my gut could be wrong. There might be a general answer, which would be uncovered in a usability test.

/nm