Re: [Usability] ActiveIcons

Am Mi, den 31.03.2004 schrieb Robb Beal um 22:46:
> Tobias.
>
> I like the ActiveIcons idea generally, but I'm not sure a trash
> ActiveBadge has enough value to compensate for the added complexity to
> the Trash concept.

Yes, I think you are right.

> How do envision making the distinction between active and standard
> badges/emblems, if at all?

Thats an interesting thought. I think, I should divide the hole concept
into three different parts:

1. ActiveEmblems like the storage device badges. Then thy are handled
like normal emplems, you can add and remove them.
2. ActiveIcons like the File downloading icon and perhaps calender icons
with the current date...
3. IconMarker like a flag to a program starter if the program is
running.

> You might be interested in my related concept-centric notifications
> idea described here,
>
> 	http://www.usercreations.com/weblog/2003/12/12.html#a384

That looks interesting, but I think thats something I must use before I
can say more about it. It just a Mac program isn't it?

Tobias