Re: [Usability] Console with toolbar

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 13:09, Xan wrote:
> I have a problem: the creation of tab console is not enough faster.
> I explain it:
>
> For create gnome-terminal tab we have two options: a) Go to Menu-->File->New
> Tab-->[wait a second for show list]-->choose "Default" (for example). A
> tedious way. Or b) use shortcurts. But this way implies that we have to
> memorize the shortcut. The memory (of humans and others things) is limited.
> So many people won't memorize it (because we have to memorize shortcut for
> console, gedit, ....).
>
> So, I think that it's a useful thing that the terminal has a toolbar. A
> toolbar on which we have a "new tab button". So with only one click, we could
> create new tab.
>
> The standard toolbars have the possibility of custom it. So we could have a
> toolbar with our (custom) icons: "new tab", "preferences", ...
>
> One interesting option were that we could enable or disable this toolbar. For
> the people who want to show terminal with "older" aspect.
>
> That's all,
> Xan.

Whats to remember?  A new tab is <ctrl><shift>-t.  Most other programs
it is <ctrl>-t.  All you have to remember is that the terminal key
bindings add <shift> so as to not clash with programs running inside the
terminal. gnome-terminal did have a toolbar at one point from what I can
remember but it was decided to be clutter so it was removed.

--
J5