Re: [Usability] Re: Term: assistant

El vie, 05-09-2003 a las 09:28, Hongli Lai escribió:
> On Thursday 04 September 2003 15:58, Alan Horkan wrote:
> > I agree that Assistant is a better term to use than Druid.
> >
> > However I think Wizard, as used by both Apple and Microsoft and KDE* (and
> > I suspect user interface designers in general?) is the _best_ term to use.
>
> I disagree. The *only* reason for using "wizard" is because everybody else
> uses it. But "wizard" is not exactly an intuitive word. Computer novices will
> have a harder time understanding "wizard" than "assistant". There is also no
> harm in using the term "assistant" because experienced users will immediately
> understand what it means.
> So overall, "assistant" is better than "wizard".

At least in spanish (MS Windows) is translated as "asistente"
(meaning of assistant instead of Wizard, because the meaning
is easier to understand).

The time I used to translate pot files, always was complicated
give a real meaning about guru, wizard, etc.

--
German Poo Caaman~o
mailto:gpoo ubiobio cl