Re: [Usability] Rational for icons in button

(snip)

> So, I was wondering what were the pros which led to use of icons in
> buttons ?

In my opinion, it has two advantages:
 - it's well nicer (adding color to the desktop)
 - it can be useful to quickly recognize the negative icons (red cancel
for example) from the positive ones (green validate for example) even if
you change their text. But of course it can be abused. And anyway, I
always end up reading the label anyway, at least the first time I see
the dialog.

--
Julien Olivier <julo altern org>