Re: [Usability] Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] pet peeve

Related to the recent discussion of search boxes and clear buttons for
them:

I think Apple has done a nice thing recently in making all their search
boxes look similar -- they all have rounded corners, which makes them
look different than other text entry areas, so you know they are for
searches without even needing a "Search:" label.  Perhaps that is an
idea that Gnome could eventually emulate.

Incidentally, Apple does use a 'clear search' button: a pale gray "x"
inside the search box (or oval).  I use it all the time.  I also like
having a pull-down to re-do recent searches.

Boris