Re: [Usability] Display DPI in gnome...

I'll second this. Not only is this setting set all over the shop, but
there should be cooperation between gnome, gconf, and the default for
users.

If I set the DPI for my user it works fine, but the DPI is set to relate
to my screen size, and I only have one screen. So when I set the DPI for
users, it's likely to be the same each time. Setting the DPI in to a
default, or even forced setting, for all users via the font setting for
gconf still does not rectify this as GDM ignores it.

The DPI should be a setting in the config screen for GDM and trusted as
a default from this for all users. This setting should also be the DPI
GDM calls X by.

The GIMP perhaps should have it's own setting for DPI, because it's
usage has to be more precise and related to diplaying an image at
real-life size as opposed to desired size. It should, however, use the
aformentioned GDM / X default until this is set.

Stephen

--
http://flawed.co.uk