Re: [Usability] rubberbanding in gtktreeview

On 2003.11.12 18:07, Marek Peteraj wrote:

> What is it then ? No drag'n'drop ? Or keybinding only ?

Both drag&drop and RB. you grab the object, you do d'n'd. you drag in
empty space you do RB.

does the space inside OO count as empty ? what about transparent pixmaps ?

> How so ? Can you select 2 columns of 2 rows in a GtkTree ?

No you can only select a row *currently*.

I see.

I'm talking about gtktrees, so it's either list or tree. What kind of
apps have you tried? Don't say outlook ;)
I recommend that you play around with the RB model a bit more on your
win box.

Ah. Windows Explorer got you confused. List View in WE is just like Icon view. It's a table. In WE Details view is a list view but it's a very stupid list and doesn't work like you described. It works by making the file names sensitive and *everything* else insensitive which means you don't select rows or cells, you select an arbitrary piece of screen around a label. That is definitly NOT the way a list should work and it's 100% unsuitable for a number of apps. And proof is Outlook (yes, outlook!) doesn't use the same widget - it just *doesn't work.

--
Carlos Morgado - http://chbm.net/  gpgkey: 0x1FC57F0A
FP: 0A27 35D3 C448 3641 0573 6876 2A37 4BB2 1FC5 7F0A