Re: [Usability]Keeping the Quit menu item

Havoc Pennington wrote:

Same thing goes for my editor.  If I have 5000 buffers open
in emacs I can just exit the whole thing and destroy all my
buffers.  This is very reasonable.  Even RMS wouldn't want me
to have to close each buffer individually.  But you are
saying that a Galeon user should be forced to close each
Galeon window individually, regardless of the fact that some
of them open up all by themselves?

You could have "close all windows" if you wanted to close all windows,
as windows are a user-visible concept. You can explain "close all
windows" using only user-visible concepts. You can't explain "quit."
Well even "Close all windows" is somewhat ambiguous as it doesn't actually close all windows, but only a certain subset that belong to the specific application. I guess in theory you could add a "Close all browsers" menu item but that leads to some well known interaction problems we're better avoiding imo.

dave