[Usability]Revisiting bug 104549

Hi,

I would like to invite you to revisit bug 104549, which was reported
against glade, but in actuality is a problem with how things are drawn
in GTK+, libgnomeui, and libbonoboui (sort of). This bug also should
probably extend to menubars, but since nobody ever uses tearoff
menubars, it's much less of an issue, and I have not made patches for
that yet.

Anyway, bug 104549 depends on 5 other bugs. 106337 was fixed in CVS
before gtk+ 2.2.1 was released and I was developing against 2.2.0.
106361 was approved and is committed to HEAD, and is only for visual
consistency when you do NOT use GTK_SHADOW_OUT as the shadow type for
toolbars.

The other 3 however, really should be committed to 2.2, as they don't
change/add api/abi at all, and improve the look up to 10 times or more.
What do you guys think about 106335 and 106336? Owen seems to think the
current drawing is perfectly correct, despite the several
accounts/complaints proving otherwise. Thanks.

-- dobey

--
"So I gave up on that, and tried to install gstreamer. Get this. Their
 propose ``solution'' for distributing binaries on Red Hat systems? They