Re: [Usability] Drag handles for dialogs and other windows

Hello Tuomas,

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:

> Try the nautilus emblems dialog. (File Properties) - it is super

This is a nice example indeed.

> taller it would be a LOT easier to see all the emblems. Having it
> non-resizeable is just insane since there is no real reason why you
> couldnt resize it.

Agreed, this is definately a case where resizing would be useful.
BUT: if you ask me, the emblems page is designed pretty badly in the first
place. I can't think of a good purpose for >2 emblems on one object. They
will start to overlap and it becomes a mess anyway. However it allows me
to check them all if I would want to.

Alternate proposal: model the emblems page after the desktop background
dialog. Have two buttons with either an emblem label on it or a label
'click here to select an emblem'. Accept icons that are dragged on either
button as a new emblem. The icon selector (a customized fileselector or
nautilus view??) will of course be resizable. Problem solved. =)

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778

Softwarepatenten bedreigen Europa. Teken op petition.eurolinux.org!