Re: [Usability] Abiword ctrl-s

On 11 Jun 2003, Koen Hufkens wrote:

> Date: 11 Jun 2003 00:08:37 +0200
> From: Koen Hufkens <koen hufkens pandora be>
> To: "HIG (usability gnome)" <usability gnome org>
> Subject: [Usability] Abiword ctrl-s
>
> Just discovered a little deviation from the HIG standard in Abiword.
>
> This probably is mentioned a thousand times but then again, if it isn't
> fixed.

I dont think it has ever been mentioned here before, but it has been
mentioned on the abiword user mailing list and in Abiword Bugzilla.
http://bugzilla.abisource.com.

> ctrl-s in abiword gives a save-as dialogue window even when the document
> isn't untitled. This is pretty annoying if you like to quicksave a
> document.

It is a *feature* not a bug and is almost certainly happening because you
are using .doc files.

You didn't mention what version of Abiword you are using.
I cant remember if we streamlined this feature so that it only occured
when absolutely necessary but if we didn't I will try and remember to file
a bug report on it.

Sincerley

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/