Re: [Usability] Addressbook (Was: A Safari Through Safari...)

On Sat, 2003-06-07 at 15:59, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > I've been wanting a common addressbook for a long time. I always forget
> > the email addresses of people on IRC. It would be nice if it could
> > integrate with mail filtering too.
>
> Yeah, these sorts of things were the main meat of my "Desktop Model Objects"
> talk for GUADEC, which there isn't room for anymore. Hopefully I'll wrest a
> few cycles away from everything else to write up a good paper about it. It's
> probably the next useful area of desktop features to work on.

I'd like Evolution to be that addressbook -- although there is a fair
amount of work to do in the Evolution UIs and APIs before this becomes
feasible.  Still, there is no reason to reinvent the wheel.

I have been discussing some ideas with the other Evolution hackers that
would lead in that direction, but it's still kind of up in the air.
It's definitely something we want to address in the next release cycle
though.

(And I would have loved to talk about this stuff with you guys, but
unfortunately I am not making it to GUADEC this year.)

-- Ettore