Re: [Usability] two lines of launchers

On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 11:33, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> [1] - A first guess is that we could provide a launcher tray which
> contains all the launchers at a specific URI - e.g. a favorites:// tray
> - and you can split that in rows. What I don't think we want is to be
> able to split the entire panel in rows because it won't work at all well
> for applets.

My take on this has long been that the panel should maybe have a
snap-to-grid option that let you move/resize anything on it in
grid-sized steps... that would support all of the above and more, but it
would probably require some serious prototyping and usability testing
effort :)

Trickiest part would probably be working out what to do if the user
changed the current grid size (or switched it off altogether if it was
optional, but that's just the same problem as changing the grid size to
1 pixel).

Cheeri,
Calum.