Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: [Usability] Evolution 2.0

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 01:19, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Having file management access to mail folders makes for a great secondary
> interface, for backup, alternative retrieval methods, etc. But sticking
> everything into the file manager is not a usability panacea. It won't make
> the interface any more relevant, recognisable, or sensible. Trying to fit
> everything into a file manager has similar problems to sticking everything
> into a web page. Handy, but it's not going to fix much.

What I expect to do is click on the Inbox file to make Evolution show my
Inbox.  I'm sure this doesn't happen often since few users explore their
evolution folder.  This does happen after using gnome-search-tool or
Medusa.  The Inbox file is shown in the results, and this happens to me
a lot since I use Medusa.  I want to click on the link from the search,
see Evolution start/focus, and display the message that search found.  I
suppose the correct solution is a gnome-vfs module that treats each
individual mail as a file.

PS. UltiMail that shipped with OS/2 Warp did split split the mbox in
directory and files.  You could easily archive them using the desktop,
and clicking on one displayed the email in UltiMail.  UltiMail spent 30%
of it's time splitting the mail into files and folders, so I'm not
suggesting that.

sinzui cox net
Guilty of stealing everything I am.