[Usability] Fundamental User Info doc

On Wed, 2003-07-09 at 13:28, Calum Benson wrote:

> FWIW the format I used for the accessx applet UI spec at
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/proposals/accessxapplet.html is
> essentially the one Sun uses for its internal projects (minus some bits
> that weren't relevant to this project), so it's been well usability
> tested :)  I could probably post the templatized-version on the site for
> folks to use, or just as a basis to meld a more GNOMEy one from,
> assuming the Sun powers that be don't have any objections.

I haven't quite got the official nod on that yet, but they have allowed
me to post the 'Fundamental User Information' document template that
we've used various versions of for a couple of years:
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/templates/fui_template.html

I've tweaked it a little for GNOME-applicability (and the marketing
questions could probably go too, or be re-worded to reflect GNOME's high
level goals), but otherwise it's a handy way of documenting the
usability requirements/rationale for any particular project.

Unfortunately I couldn't find any examples of its use that Sun would let
me post, but I'll try and write up an example one at some point :)

Cheeri,
Calum.