RE: [Usability] decicion on panel menu size

On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 13:49, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > From: Christian Schaller [mailto:uraeus linuxrising org]
> > > Is the vertical advertising stripe really necessary?
> > Well having tried both with and without I think it is rather
> > nice looking
> > to have.
>
> I think that stuff that some people think is nice, without any rationale or
> advantage, belong in themes.
Well I am not sure that producing hard evidence that something is aesthetically
supperior is possible, yet I think we all agree that having desktop
considered aesthetic is an advantage for GNOME.

And while I have no problems accepting that these things should be
themeable there is the question of what should be the default, which
I guess is what in the end the module maintainer finds most aesthetical
as long as you or anyone else can't find any rationale or advantage to
not using that look.

> > It also helps bring the desktop more toghether
> > themeingwise as
> > it pick up the colour from the GTK+ theme, just like the windowmanager
> > does.
>
> Sorry, that doesn't make much sense to me. I don't see the advantage in
> adding a visual element just because that visual element is respects a
> theme.
My reply above goes for this one too I guess.

Christian