RE: [Usability] decicion on panel menu size

"Vertical advertising stripe", as Christian call it, might have some
sense other than just looking cool (and useless :))
For example (and it is really a trivial one :))
Sometimes I click right mouse button on window border (or something else
for that matter) when I actually wanted to right click desktop and, say,
change background image.
Menu I get Is not what I wanted and I get little confused "what the heck
is this?" for a second or two ... Now, if "vertical advertising stripe"
would say "Galleon" or something related to thingy I just clicked at -
you got the picture :)
It might contain "menu title" or some other useful text.
I think we should not discard potentially useful feature like this just
for the sake of all mighty simplicity.

And yes, I personally like that strap ;)

--
Srdacan pozdrav / Best regards
Dalibor Petricevic

"A computer program does what you tell it to do,
 not what you want it to do."