RE: [Usability] Re: Standardizing Find and Replace windows

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Krzysztof Foltman wrote:

> Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 21:15:52 +0200
> From: Krzysztof Foltman <kfoltman onet pl>
> To: Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie>
> Cc: GNOME Usability mailing lis <usability gnome org>
> Subject: RE: [Usability] Re: Standardizing Find and Replace windows
>
> > At the same time I am not sure if only using a message in the status
> bar
> > is clear enough.
>
> Is wraparound-related feedback in *the Find dialog box itself*
> acceptable ?

A status bar in the dialog saying things like "N Items found" or "Wrapped
Around" might work but it is probably better to just use a good message in
the real status bar and require hitting Find twice, to go past the end of
the document.

- Alan